Jesus is the best. Check out Colossians 1:15-23 (WEB)...
15) He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Jesus is the best for WHO HE IS, the image of God!
16) For by him all things were created in the heavens and on the earth, visible things and invisible things, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things have been created through him and for him.
Jesus is the best for WHAT HE DID, creating everything!
17) He is before all things, and in him all things are held together.
Jesus is the best for WHAT HE IS DOING, holding it all together!
18) He is the head of the body, the assembly, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Jesus is the best, LEADING THE WAY THROUGH DEATH TO RESURRECTION!
19) For all the fullness was pleased to dwell in him,
Jesus is the best, PACKED TO THE MAX WITH GOD!
20) and through him to reconcile all things to himself by him, whether things on the earth or things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of his cross.
Jesus is the best, SINGLE HANDEDLY RECONCILING ALL THINGS TO GOD!
21) You, being in past times alienated and enemies in your mind in your evil deeds,
We were the worst, hating God IN OUR MINDS (though he always loves us!).
22) yet now he has reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and without defect and blameless before him,
Jesus is the best, HAVING RECONCILED US TO God even while we hated him!
23) if it is so that you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the Good News which you heard, which is being proclaimed in all creation under heaven, of which I, Paul, was made a servant.
We must continue trusting that Christ has forgiven us, or we will hate God in our minds again, even though we are still reconciled to God through the death of Christ and loved by him.
Friends, false religion is always just one thought away even for the true believer in Jesus Christ. We can continue to trust that God loves us and live confidently as his friend knowing that nothing will ever separate us from his love. Or we can forget, fail to trust, and turn to man-made religion to solve our stinky sin problem.
An extra-Biblical parable:
There was a stinky place. It reeked. Take the worst of yourself, fashion into a foul goop, heat it to boil, sit in the middle, and draw in a deep long breathe. Then invite all your 'friends' who you secretly envy to do the same and begin to throw your goop at each other. Such was this stinky place.
A gracious carpenter came and provided a pew for you and all your 'friends' to sit on while he washed out the stink. He invited everyone to sit on the pew, but no one would take the seat. So he lifted one out of the stink and sat him on the pew himself. Curiously one 'friend' built an imitation pew... with his goop, and attempted to sit on it. Another 'friend' declared that the pew was not for everyone as he pretended to sit next to it. Most curious of all, the one on the pew nearly left his clean seat to sit on the imitation goop pew. He even considered joining the pretender next to the real pew doubting whether the pew was truly for everyone. Meanwhile the carpenter faithfully continued to flush out the goop as he lifted each one out of the goop at the time of his choosing.